Features Forums General Kirby Alarm Kirby Alarm not Triggering

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    khoward1999

My alarms are working only sporadically. They work immediately after I restart Kirby (I get all of the alarms that should have gone off since the last time I restarted). But then it quits working until I restart again. I am seeing on the user board that usually this needs an index rebuild, but I don't see a way to do that myself.
    Kim

Ian Cook

Hi Kim

Can you please email me your alarms.tps file.
    I will reindex it and send it straight back.

Ian  🙂

khoward1999

Hi Ian,
    I am having trouble with Kirby again. It is not showing up in the task bar, but when I look at the Task Manager I can see it  there.  It has a weird icon, though. A very tiny icon that shows up sometimes. If I try to start it from the Start Menu nothing happens, which I guess is not surprising since, according to the Task Manager, it is already running.  I have been using Kirby for a very long time, maybe ten years or more, and have never had a bit of trouble with it, but have had recurring issues over the last six months or so on both my home and work computers. Not sure what is going on. Let me know if there is troubleshooting I can do on my end to get it working again.
    Thanks!
    Kim

Ian Cook

Hi,

Strange that it has become corrupted so quickly.

How big is you alarms.tps file ?

In the preferences, do you have it set to purchase completed alarms?
    If not, then after 10 years I can imagine there would be thousands of them.

Suggestions…
    1. Send me the alarms.tps file again and I will reindex it and send it back to you.
    2. If there are not too outstanding alarms then delete the alarms.tps file and then reenter them.
    3. Maybe your antivirus program is too aggressive on the KA folder.  Try adding the KA folder as an exclusion.

Ian  🙂

khoward1999

Ian,
    My alarm log went back to *2004*, so I cleared it, and I set the completed alarms to be purged after 5 days. The alarmlog.tps is considerably smaller now, but the alarms.tps it the same size – 1.2 Meg. I am not sure if that has changed anything, but Kirby is up and running now, and I can see it in the Task Bar, so time will tell.
    I also excluded the Kirby Alarm folder from my VirusScan software.
    I will give it a couple of days and if it happens again I will send the alarm file to you to be re-indexed.
    Thanks for your input.
    Kim

Ian Cook

Hi Kim

The alarms file is still big because there are a lot of empty records in there.
    Re indexing the file will reduce it.
    As you say, let see how it goes., but I am happy to re index it for you anytime that suits you.
    Ian

khoward1999

Ian,
    I am having trouble with Kirby Alarm again. It wasn't running, so I rebooted my computer but it still isn't running after the reboot.
    Kim

Ian Cook

Sorry I missed your post on the forum.
    I must be getting old..

What happened when you tried to manually start KA?
    Were there any messages?

Now that you have reinstalled KA, are your old alarms still there?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.