Features Forums General Kirby Alarm FTP Bug report (Solved, not a bug)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CowboyFrank

I've just come across a bug. Was in v4 but have just upgraded to v5.01 and it's still there.
    In the FTP profiles setup page, if you try to insert a port number higher than 999, (more than 3 digits) the field inserts a comma to the left of the 3rd number from the right
    so port 50021 ends up being 50,021 which of course fails.
    Can't seem to get around the problem.
    Thanks

Ian Cook

Hi Frank

Not sure if this is a bug.

The display is shown as formatted into 1000's but the data is stored as unformated.

What happens with the FTP alarm is executed is it creates an XML file.
    Kirby Alarm then runs kirbyutils.exe and passes the xml file name.

As you can see from the attached screen shot the port number is unformated (ie "1234" not "1,234")

I cannot say for sure, but could the problem be somewhere else and not in kirby alarm?

Ian

PS. I just had a look at http://serverfault.com/questions/10807/what-firewall-ports-do-i-need-to-open-when-using-ftps
    This bit was particularly interesting.

quote :

depending on the FTPS Server configuration, you'll need to open port 21 or 990/989. However, just to be sure, you should contact the FTPS Server admin and ask for directions. Also, keep in mind that for passive mode, as with every other FTP software, you'll have to open additional ports (TCP/UDP) usually something from the range 64000-65000.

Attachments:

CowboyFrank

Thanks. With the new knowledge of the existence of the xml file I found the problem.
    Password had one incorrect charter which was the wrong case.
    That comma is a bit confusing though.
    Thanks

Ian Cook

Hi Frank

Excellent!
    Thanks for letting me know.

Ian  🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.