Features Forums General Kirby Alarm Export / Import

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alarmingBob
    Participant

Ian:

I have been unable to find how to export all pending alarms to a csv (or any other format for that matter) in 5.01 PRO.  I can export everything that has been executed but would like to take the pending alarms into excel, make changes to them and then import them.  I have learned the hard way it is difficult to find alarms as I have been setting them up over the years and decided to start every alarm with a category name, i.e. DOCTOR, BILL, CC DUE, BD, ANNIV etc.

This could also be turned into a suggestion for having a "category" flag for alarms although I suspect that would not be such a simple job.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
    -Bob

Ian Cook

Hi Bob

Alas, exporting and then importing from/to a csv file is something that is missing from kirby alarm.
    It is actually reasonably complicated, but can be done 🙂

Creating a 'category' for each alarm is also something not in the current version.
    It would be VERY easy to do.

My normal work is slowing down, so I having more free time to start giving kirby some love again.
    I will add you suggestions to my to do list.

Ian

alarmingBob
    Participant

Thank you Ian.  I finally broke down and got a smartphone this past year and am so glad I've never stopped using KA.  I just don't know what I would have done for the past decade without it!  Looking forward to new versions…

Did you implement any of those two things yet, Ian? I've not used KA in a while so I'm interested to find out what's new before I switch to it again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.