Kirby Footy Tipping Software
- SMS - fix bug in the message text. It was sending links multiple tipping sheets. This could result in the tipper opening the wrong tipping sheet.
- SMS - when emailing the text message to the sms provider remove any spaces in the mobile number
- SMS - when emailing the text message to the sms provider if there is a problem gives option to retry, skip, or abort
- SMS - fix tag all option. It was tagging all tippers, not just those with mobile numbers
- Browse Members - move phone number column
- Main Screen - new button - Send SMS. Allows you to send a link to the tipping sheet via SMS
Requires a third part email to sms service.
- Change Receive Emailed Tipping Sheets and Email Config to handle receiving emails from an SSL connection where the remote certificate does not match. (office365 is an example)
- Included 2017 NRL & AFL fixtures, teams etc
- Updated results history with results from 2016
- Updated premiership history with results from 2016
- New option to add your logo (header and/or) footer to the emailed tipping sheet
- Bulk email - new merge fields
Current round number: #RoundNumber#
First name: #MemberFirstName#
Game date: #Game1Date#
Game time: #Game1Time#
Last on ladder: #LastOnLadder#
Tipper surname: #MemberSurname#
Top 5: #Top5OnLadder#
Top of ladder: #TopOnLadder#
Tipper name: #MemberName#
2016 Version of Kirby Footy
Included 2016 NRL & AFL fixtures, teams etc
Updated results history with results from 2015
Updated premiership history with results from 2015
Fixtures - warn if the fixture times have not been set up for the upcoming 8 rounds. This is to allow the user sufficient time to update the fixture after the AFL/NRL release the determined dates and times.
Prize Pool Calculator - new provision to enter other expenses for running the comp. eg software, food, engraving..
Main Menu - replace "Email Menu" with "Email Tipping Sheets"
New option in Email Menu - Email Templates
New facility for using merge fields in the email subject and message body.
#MemberName# - inserts the member name
#RoundNumber# - inserts the current round number
- Upgrade Fomin Report Builder to v3.36 (Internal)
- Upgraded Clarion v10 Build 12055 (internal)
2015 Version of Kirby Footy
Included 2015 NRL & AFL fixtures, teams etc
Updated results history with results from 2014
Updated premiership history with results from 2014
Upgraded to Clarion v9.1.11529 (internal)
Send email - insert extra line feeds around the link to the tipping sheet
- Email Config - new option for tipping sheets. - click-able link, attachment, or both.
- Send email - new button to retry the ftp upload of tipping sheets
- Send email - ask for confirmation before proceeding
- FTP tipping sheets - show any errors during upload.
- Fix bug with click able link to the tipping sheet if sending method is using own email program
- Fix small problem with email message body. Do not include link if tipping sheet is not required
- New field in CONFIG table - fgAttachTippingSheet
- Email Menu - remove 'Send Single Email' button. The procedure is no longer required since the operator can just tag one tipper in the Send Bulk Email procedure if they wanted to just send a single email.
- Email Configuration - accept method for attaching tipping sheet to the email. The default is to have a clickable link in the body of the email.
This is the preferred method because it overcomes the problem when the tipper opens the tipping sheet on their iPhone or tablet.
The tipping sheets should now work on just about all devices.
- Send Bulk Email - if new method for attaching tipping sheets is used then upload the tipping sheets to the kirby footy web site.
- 2014 Version of Kirby Footy
- Included 2014 NRL & AFL fixtures, teams etc
- Main Menu - Reports - New option - User Designed Reports
- Updated results history with results from 2013
- Updated premiership history with results from 2013
- Upgraded to Clarion v9.0.10376 (internal)
- Print Tips Summary - New option to print in tipper ranking sequence
- Fix problem with attaching round summary ladder in emailing function
- Fix problem with retrieving emailed tips when the tipper is sending them back using their own email program
- Fix problem with retrieving emailed tips. On some computers the tips message body was inserting ~'~3D~'~ after the tips content
- Fix bug with printing. The report would show in the print preview but nothing would print.
- 2013 Version of Kirby Footy
- Added PDFTracker to generate the PDF's. The result is a faster and MUCH smaller and accurate PDF. The size of the PDF is reduced by a whopping 80%!
That means the mass email is going to be a lot faster.
- New option to import last year's competition preferences
- Fixed problem on web site email script with emailing tips if the tipper has multiple email addresses.
- Updated results history with results from 2012
- Updated premiership history with results from 2012
- Included 2013 NRL & AFL fixtures, teams etc
- Update DynamicFile driver to v8.9285 (Internal)
- Update FominReportWriter to v3.30 (Internal)
- Update InMemory driver to v8.9285 (Internal)
- Update to Clarion v8.9661 (Internal)
- Upgrade Draw template to v3.30 (Internal)
- Upgrade FRB report write to v3.31
- Upgrade FileManager template to v5.04 (Internal)
- Upgrade NetTalk template to v6.46 (Internal)
- Upgrade OfficeInside template to v4.09 (Internal)
- Upgrade SendTo template to v2.14 (Internal)
- Upgrade StringTheory template to v1.63 (Internal)
- Upgrade WinEvent template to v3.79 (Internal)
- Changed Print Previewer to default clarion viewer to to incompatibility with new pdf writer.
- Fix bug in ladder report and bonus points. The error only happens IF more than one point is allocated for a win in the comp preferences.
- Fix problem with posting of multiple tips direct from email server. In some cases the email with the tips in it contained both html and text. The html was very long and was not being read correctly so the round number etc could not be found.
- Change TmpPop3Tips to use memory driver. (Internal)
- Change tips summary report to print 9 games per round
- Fix problem with tipping sheets not printing 2 pages
- Increase font size on tipping sheets from 8 to 10 arial
- Change tips summary report to include the competition name in the title.
- Fix bug in printing of tips summary. It was printing two lines and should only be one line
- 2012 Version of Kirby Footy
- Updated results history with results from 2011
- Updated premiership history with results from 2011
- Included 2012 NRL & AFL fixtures, teams etc
- Global - Automatically restore the last tab used on a browse
- Global - Automatically set the text bold for the current tab.
- Change Email Configuration - Receive Email screen to accept if SSL connection
- Change Email Configuration - Receive Email screen to accept if SSL connection
- Change Tips Entry From Email to allow SSL connection. This means that Gmail can now be used
- Install EasyAutoEntry template. This allows the user to easily select previously entered data.
- New field in CONFIG Table - POP3fgSSL (Internal)
- Update to Clarion v8.8778 (Internal)
- Update NetTalk template to v6.11 (Internal)
- Upgrade AnyFont template from v1.60 to v1.61 (Internal)
- Upgrade Draw template from v3.03 to v3.21 (Internal)
- Upgrade File Explorer template from v5.37 to v5.39 (Internal)
- Upgrade File Manager template from v4.96 to v4.97 (Internal)
- Upgrade HyperActive template from v2.08 to v2.09 (Internal)
- Upgrade Insight Graphing template from v1.86 to v1.88 (Internal)
- Upgrade OddJob template from v1.27 to v1.30 (Internal)
- Upgrade Office Inside template from v3.63 to v3.70 (Internal)
- Upgrade Run Once template from v1.06 to v1.07 (Internal)
- Upgrade Secwin template from v6.00 to v6.03 (Internal)
- Upgrade SendTo template from v2.05 to v2.09 (Internal)
- Upgrade StringTheory template from v1.35 to v1.50 (Internal)
- Upgrade WinEvent template from v3.75 to v3.77 (Internal)
- Update Office Inside template to v3.61 (internal)
- New field in Premiership table - Bye
- Change results entry to update the premiership ladder byes and bye points
- Changed premiership ladder to display the number of byes
- Fixed column resizing on Select Fixtures screen
- Improve bulk email by changing bulk email to wait for result if successful as each email is sent.
If any error it will automatically pause for 3 seconds and retry 5 times.
If unsuccessful after 5 times then user will be given option to retry or abort.
- Show progress bar on bulk email screen
- Fix pause of bulk email after X messages.
- Cascade delete of tipslog entries when a tipper is deleted.
- Increase window size for smtp password from 20 to 40 characters
- Move tipping sheet print down roughly 1 cm. On some printers it was chopping off the first heading line
- Fix bug in printing tipping sheets. It was including the round prior to the selected from round. Eg select rounds 3 to 4, it was printing rounds 2 to 4. Select round 2 to 2, it was printings rounds 1 to 2
- New option in Print Tipping Sheets to print for a range of rounds
- Enhance Print Tipping Sheets to print more than one round per page
- Enhance Import Members From Last Year so it will work for any version in 2010
- Check the receive email parameters have been set up in the tips entry screen.
- Change Import Of Last Year Email settings to not import last year's 'work around' script' of 'http://18.104.22.168/~kirbyfoo/emailtips.php'
- Fix bug in Tips Entry screen. The margin game number was not being shown correctly.
- Fix bug in Import Of Members (Own Format) From CSV. It was not allocating the Member ID
- 2011 Version of kirby footy
- Updated results history with results from 2010
- Updated premiership history with results from 2010
- Included 2011 NRL & AFL fixtures, teams etc
- New button on main screen to display log of when tips were entered.
- Regardless of where the tips are entered the program will automatically record the date/time, network ID and tips etc in a log file that can be queried by the tipping administrator.
The contents can also be easily be exported to excel.
- New option to post tips direct from email account. That's right, no more need to download the tips, then copy to the clipboard, then click on the past tips button, then click on the post button. (and then repeat process a hundred times)
Now you can simply tag the emails and click on the post button once.
You could have 100's of tips and they could ALL be posted with just 3 mouse clicks.
What a huge time saver!!
- New option in tips entry to print a copy of the tips.
- Fix backup procedure so that UNC paths are supported.
- Changed backup procedure so the entire folder is copied.
- Changed backup procedure to show progress bar and name of file being copied.
- Enhance error checking on fixtures entry by checking games dates are less than 7 days apart.
- Change Export Of Fixtures to include byes.
- Change font to bold for all currently selected tab sheets
- Fix bug in update of number of wild cards used. It was not being updated when posting tips for multiple rounds.
- New option in all imports and exports to save/recall 'jobs'. This allows you to save the import parameters therebye making future imports/exports of the same data quicker and easier.
- Updated clarion template OfficeInside to v3.52 (internal)
- Updated clarion template Insight Graphing to 1.81 (internal)
- Updated clarion template WinEvent to v3.65 (internal)
- Updated clarion template VuMail to v3.2 (internal)
- Upgrade Super Import Export template to v7.02 (internal)
- New option on members screen to export table to excel
- New tabs on members screen to sort by Member ID, and External Reference number
- New option on ladder report to print by Member ID, and External Reference number
- Change Tips Summary report to print the favorite team and the bottom of the report
- Change backup to ensure the backup destination is not the source folder. Some people were accidently backing up to the same folder kirby footy is installed to. This was causing data corruption.
- Change backup to warn if backing up to the same drive.
- New option in Email Setup to pause after every X messages for a number of seconds.
- New option in Email Setup to pause a number of milliseconds between each email.
- Change bulk email to pause between sending emails. This is to overcome a restriction from some internet service providers that retrict the number of emails that can be sent in a given number of minutes.
- New column in member screen to show last weeks points
- New option in Competition Preferences to warn if the same margin has already been entered in the tips entry screen for another tipper.
- Change program update to check for current year
- Fix NRL fixtures CSV file. The first few round were showing the game time as 'AM' and it should be 'PM'
- New table - TipsAlias
- New table - MembersAlias
- New field in CompPreferences - fgWarnIfDuplictae Margin
- Fix problem with importing last year email parameters
- Updated clarion template vuMail from v3.0 to 3.1 (internal)
- 2010 Version of kirby footy
- Updated results history with results from 2009
- Updated premiership history with results from 2009
- Included 2010 NRL & AFL fixtures, teams etc
- Remove outdated email methods - 2008 method & gmail
- Updated clarion template OfficeInside from v2.75 to 3.10 (internal)
- Updated clarion template Winenvent from v3.61 to 3.65 (internal)
- New invisible calculator on all numeric fields
- New right click option on browse screens to copy browse to excel
- New global template to fix Truetype font in computers where ClearType is enabled (internal)
- Fixed problem with Round Ladder report if total correct greater than 99
- Added horizontal and vertical scroll bars to the main screen
- Updated clarion template vuMail from v3.0 to 3.1 (internal)
- Updated clarion template OfficeInside from v2.69 to 2.75 (internal)
- Updated clarion template WinEvent from v3.59 to 3.61 (internal)
- Increase size of member name in Tips Summary report
- Fix bug in attachment when the Round Ladder is attached in bulk email.
- Fix bug in Multiple Rounds Tips Entry. The field "TipsEntered" was not being set.
This meant the tipper's tips were not being saved correctly.
Although they looked as though they were saved, when the results were entered, the program treated them as if they had not been entered and therefore gave the tipper the default games.
THIS IS A SERIOUS BUG AND I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE FOR THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN AFFECTED.
- Add column sort capability to the Round Winner screen
- New option in report menu to print the Round Ladder
- Fix problem in Round Ladder print screen in selecting the rounds to print.
- Change Bulk Email screen to set default round number for the tips summary to the current round.
- Change Single Email screen to set default round number for the tips summary to the current round.
- New option in Bulk Email to include the Round Winner report
- New option in Single Email to include the Round Winner report
- Fix email parameters to use the "Reply To Name" as the email sender
eg "Ian Cook " now shows as "Ian Cook" as the sender.
Previously it would have shown "email@example.com"
This is to keep the program constistent with previous years
- Change Bulk Email screen to include a warning message.
"Please note: Some Internet service providers (eg bigpond) will prevent you from sending more than 20 emails in a 10 minute period. You may need to split the bulk email into several parts."
- New option in Competition Preferences to NOT allow draws to be tipped.
(If draws are not allowed the the draw option is hidden in the email tipping sheets)
- Change email tipping sheets to hide the margin if no margin game is specified
- Change Tips Entry screen to hide the draw option if not allowed.
- New option in Maintenance menu to check and repair files if necessary
- Change Enter Tips screen to NOT initialize MS Outlook if not required. (this was slowing down access to the screen)
- Change Send Single Email screen to NOT initialize MS Outlook if not required. (this was slowing down access to the screen)
- Change Send Bulk Email screen to NOT initialize MS Outlook if not required. (this was slowing down access to the screen)
- Fix bug in sending Bulk Email using Gmail
- New option in competition preferences to not include bonus points in the calculation of the round winner.
It was pointed out to me that someone with say 7 winners would lose the round to someone who only got 6 winners but correctly tipped the margin (I gave 2 bonus points - total 8 in this case).
This new option will now allow the person with the most tips to win the round if you want to.
- Fix bug in setting email parameters if using 2008 email method
- New option when emailing the tipping sheets to send multiple rounds.
- New button on Tips Entry screen to load "Paste Tips For Multiple Rounds" procedure
- Change script on web site to only return the tips for actual games (ie not all possible games)
- Fix a few spelling and grammar errors
- Fix problem when emailing the tips summary in csv format. The file was not being closed.
- Updated clarion template WinEvent from v3.52 to 3.57 (internal)
- Updated clarion template HyperActive from v2.02 to 2.05 (internal)
- Fixed the PDF target class so that it will not mess up the PDF generation on computers that don't use the default 96dpi screen resolution
- Fixed problem in 2009 version internal email method. It was not using the correct sender address.
- Allow the background email colours to be black (providing the text colour is not also black)
- Change font on email setup screen.
- Added email hotlink to the "Browse Members" screen. You can click on the email address and your default email program will be automatically loaded to send an email.
- Removed the "Paste From Clipboard" button on the Enter Results screen. It was to difficult to cater for changes in the various web site layouts each year.
- Fix bug in saving email parameters in the 2009 version Email Setup screen
- 2009 Version of Kirby Footy
- Updated results history with results from 2008
- Updated premiership history with results from 2008
- Included 2009 NRL fixtures, teams etc
- Included NRL history from 2005 to 2008!!
- Changed title bar on main screen to show "Registered To" and "Maximum Tippers"
- New option to setup competition type. This will make it easier to setup AFL/NRL competitions.
In future editions I plan to include the English Premiership League (EPL)
- New internal method for sending emails. This version is MUCH easier to set up. In most cases you will only need to enter the email address and name of where to send the tipping sheets back to!!
There are also additional options for more advanced features like proxy servers, email security type etc
One HUGE advantage of this method is there is now an option to record a log of the emails sent into a csv file.
PLUS there is even an option to automatically save a copy of the email!!
- New method for sending emails using Microsoft Outlook. This will make it easier then ever for those people that use Outlook!
- New method for checking for updates to the program.
If an update is available only the bits that have changed are downloaded, AND the update is AUTOMATICALLY installed.
This makes it so easy now to ensure you are using the latest version!!
You can set number of days between checking for updates in the competition preferences screen.
- New easy four step guide on setting up your competition.
- Fix bug in printing of tipping sheets. It was chopping the last few characters of the leader board.
- Fix bug in Round Ladder screen and Round Ladder report in relation to the number of wildcard points on drawn games.
- Fix bug in calculating the tips if the game result was a draw, and the competition preferences awarded bonus points if a draw was tipped
- Fix bug in applying penalty points where the tipper has not entered their tips.
- Print "Not Entered" on Tips Summary if the tipper has not entered their tips.
- Fix bug in calculating the difference in margin points where the tipper has not entered their tips.
- Fix problem in dictionary for tips default games 9 to 12 (Internal)
- Dramatically improve speed (up to 40 times quicker) of importing the following data
- Grounds from last years comp
- Members from last years comp
- Premiership ladder from last years comp
- Results History from last years comp
- Grounds from csv file
- Members from csv file
- Premiership ladder from csv file
- Results history from csv file
- Teams from csv file
- Dramatically improve speed of exporting the following data
- Finances to csv file (own format)
- Fixtures to csv file (own format)
- Grounds to csv file (own format)
- Members to csv file (own format)
- Premiership ladder to csv file (own format)
- Results to csv file (own format)
- Results History to csv file (own format)
- Teams to csv file (own format)
- Tips to csv file (own format)
- Fixtures to csv file (fixed format)
- Ladder to csv file (fixed format)
- Members to csv file (fixed format)
- Tips to csv file (fixed format)
- Tips Summary to csv file (fixed format)
- Included 2008 NRL fixtures, teams etc
- New option in Email Preferences to set the text colour of the body of the emailed tipping sheet
- New option in Email Preferences to set the text colour of the table in the emailed tipping sheet
- Change wording in Maintain Tips from "Turn Off Confirmation Message" to "Turn Off Confirmation Pop Up"
- Updated results history with results from 2007
- Updated premiership history with results from 2007
- Improve the report previewer on all reports.
You can now...
- Enter the number of copies to print.
- Select the printer destination
- Mark the pages to print
- Delete pages from being printed
- Collate pages
- Output pages to MsWord
- New buttons to make it easier to save the the report in PDF, XML, TXT, or HTML format
- Tippers can now tip a draw if they want to. (You can even give them bonus points for correctly tipping a draw)
number of games allowed per round from 8 to 12 (this will allow kirby
footy to be used for other types of sports. Eg English Premiership
- New Key macro facility.
Key macros is a powerful
add-on function that allows you to send keystrokes, special
characters, and keyboard functions to your own or any other Windows
This means that repetitive tasks like pasting tips
from emails is quick and easy because it will execute (play back) the keystrokes for you.
For example, you can get the key macro to
open the email containing the tips, copy the contents to the
clipboard, close the email, post them into Tips Entry on Kirby Footy, then go back to the email program, go down one line so you can repeat the process.
All done with just ONE click. Now that's powerful!!
A word of warning. Be careful, because with all power comes responsibility so use with care.
- Moved the "Paste From Clipboard" button in the Tips Entry closer to the "Post" button.
- Update clarion programming language to v6.3 build 9058 (internal)
- Fix problems with sending emails via GMail (Googe had updated their side)
- Fix some problems with sending emails using the Email Clients
Now Works (and tested) with:
Outlook Express, Outlook 97 and 2000,
Eudora, Incredimail and Mozilla Thunderbird (22.214.171.124)
<ol><li>Fix pasting of results so it now works with Internet Explorer and Mozilla
<div style="filter: alpha(opacity=0); opacity: 0; position: absolute; z-index: 1;">
Druk op play op de <a href="http://www.replicahorlogesrolex.nl" title="replica horloges rolex">replica horloges rolex</a> video hieronder en laat me weten wat jullie denken van deze nep-Rolex Daytona stuk. Het is een van de meest in-tussen nep horloges ik beoordeeld op mijn blog, zodat uw mening zou veel voor me betekenen. Ik ben ook benieuwd wat jullie over het algemeen na te denken over dit soort iced-out nep horloges <a href="http://www.replicahorlogesnl.nl" title="replica horloges nederland">replica horloges nederland</a> en hoe je ze ziet. Wat denk je als je iemand ziet het dragen van een van hen en hoe je probeert om ze uit te spotten of niet.
- Fix pasting of results so it now works with the new AFL web site layout.
- Increase length of email addresses from 50 to 100 characters.
- New option in competition preferences to set the number of points awarded to
the tipper for a correct tip and if the game is a draw.
eg If correct tip
then give 2 points, if the game is a draw then give 1 point
- New option in Round Winner enquiry to process a range of rounds. This is
handy where you have 'mini comps' inside your competition.
eg Prizes for the
best tipper each month.
- New report - "Round Winner Ladder"
- New checkbox on Bulk Email to simplify send email to only those tippers that
have not entered their tips for the round.
- Change Tips Summary report to only print the heading "Winning Teams Are
Printed In Uppercase" if the results for the round are known.
- Fix calculation of round winner IF not all of the games had been played AND
the tipper used a wildcard.
- New option in Maintenance menu to manually modify the results history (use
with extreme caution).
- New option in tips entry to automatcally bring up the member search after the tips have been saved
- Put extra checks in the results entry screen to ensure the user has entered all of the results for each game
- Enhance Tips Summary report by printing winning teams (providing the results are known) in uppercase. This will make it easier for tippers to see which tips they got correct.
- When updating the results do not save unplayed games. This means you can also post the results in the middle of the round without interferring with the member year to date points, results history etc for unplayed games.
- Fix bug in calculation of year to date points and margin if the results for the round have not been entered.
- Reduce size of bulk and single email screens slightly
- New option in email setup to set the colour of the tipping sheet and the background colour
- Change Members browse screen to show the member id
- Change Select Members screen to show the member id
- Change Tips Enrty screen to show the member id
- New option in Email Menu to set up email templates
- New option in Send Email to recall an email template
- New option in bulk email to tag the members to send emails to.
- New option in bulk email to tag members who have paid less than an entered amount.
- New option in email setup to import last year's email parameters
- Increase size of internal variable from 100 to 255 characters to support larger file paths
- Include 2007 NRL csv files for teams, grounds, and fixtures
- Check the window position is not negative on all windows
- Fixed the resize strategy on various windows
- Removed maximize option from all windows
- Fixed wording and 10 user license on registration screen
- 2007 Version of kirby footy
- Updated results history with results from 2006
- Updated premiership history with results from 2006
- Replaced icons on various screens with better looking ones (in my humble opinion anyway)
- New spell check facility in all text screens. Just press F7 to spell check the current text box (eg message on email of tipping sheets). Requires Microsoft word.
- New option in all browses to sort by column headings
- Enable a sort on any column by CLICKing on the appropriate column header.
CLICK on the list header again to toggle between an ascending or descending sort.
Press CTRL + CLICK on a list header column to add that column to the sort.
Press SHIFT + CLICK on any list header column to remove all current sorts.
Removing all column sorts restores the list box to the default sort.
- New fields in member maintenance - Address, suburb, phone, fax, external database reference, notes (up to 500 characters).
- New search function in member maintenance screen
- New button on main screen to load rich text editor for competition rules, entry form, and advert. Samples are provided.
- New button on main screen to backup data files
| Copyrights © 2007-08, Kirby Software. All Rights Reserved.
||Site designed & developed by: E-SolBiz™