Kirby Software Forum
November 20, 2017, 11:44:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does the margin thing work  (Read 1078 times)
Ian Cook
Administrator

« on: April 07, 2013, 09:13:53 AM »

As you know the person that picks the most number of winning teams in the round is that week's winner.
This has meant a lot of people have had to split the prize money because quite often many people tip the same number of winning teams.
To overcome this you can use the margin. ie Each tipper enters how many points their tipped team will win by.

It is only used on one game. In the comps I run, I have the margin on first game. (You set this up in the comp preferences)

FYI: The selected game can be overridden on a round by round basis if you want to. Some people prefer to get their tippers to always enter the margin for a particular club or ground etc. This is done in the fixture maintenance.

Some examples on the margin..
For example, suppose you and I had tipper the same number of winning teams in a round and that West Coast played Fremantle. West Coast won by 20 points

Scenario 1
If I tipped West Coast to win by 15 points (ie 5 points diff to the actual) , and you tipped West Coast to win by 16 points (4 points diff to the actual) then you would win the round.

Scenario 2
If I tipped West Coast to win by 15 points (ie 20-15 = 5 points diff to the actual) , and you tipped Fremantle to win by 16 points (20+16=36 points diff to the actual) then I would win the round.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: