Kirby Software Forum
November 20, 2017, 11:46:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending tips from iphone or ipad does not work  (Read 2234 times)
Ian Cook
Administrator

« on: March 16, 2013, 02:06:20 AM »

Bad news sorry.
In the past this used to work, but in 2013 it has stopped working.

I have spent several hours trying to find a way to get the submit button working on ipad’s /iphones etc but nothing seems to work.

A google search for “iphone submit button not working” (or variations thereof) shows other developers have a similar problem. I have tried some of the suggestions but just cannot get it to work.
Very frustrating!

If you/anyone has the time/skill/determination/patience it would be absolutely great if you could try and find the answer.
You just need to edit the “TippingSheetForMemberID??.htm” file located in the kirby footy folder with notepad (or your favourite html editor).
Then email it as an attachment to your iphone and see if the submit button works.

If you find the answer I would be very, very grateful.

Ian  Cry
lyntony

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 02:32:56 PM »

I don't know how to make the submit button work generally from the mail app on the iPhone/iPad, but there are a couple of work-arounds we have found :-
For those with a Gmail email account, open the email from an App called G-Whizz (free) - the submit button works then;
it also works if you tap-hold the attachment from the normal email app and open it in an App called Dropbox (free) - the submit button also works from there. 

I hope this helps those with this problem before there is a general fix.
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 01:51:11 AM »

Fantastic! Thanks very much for the tip!

Grin
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 05:01:58 PM »

Good news. Version 14.2 just released now fixes the problem.
The tipping sheets should now be able to opened and tips sent in on just about any device.

Ian  Grin  Grin  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: