Kirby Software Forum
November 22, 2017, 03:10:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Update v5.01  (Read 4273 times)
Ian Cook
Administrator

« on: July 08, 2012, 05:39:39 AM »

NOTE: Latest version is v5.02. Please scroll down to see latest link

Hi,
You can download the update from http://www.kirbyfooty.com/KirbyAlarmPro_Update_v5.01.zip

Please ensure you have already installed v4.45 (or later) as the update does not contain all of the necessary files.

To install it just unzip the file into the kirby alarm pro folder.
Don't forget to exit KA before otherwise windows will complain the file is in use.

The changes since v4.45 are...
* v5.1 7 July 2012
  • Update to Clarion v8.9304 (Internal)
  • ALARMS - WatchFile - Increase from 100 to 255 characters

* v5.0 January 2012
  • If a second instance of Kirby Alarm is started then automatically restore the main screen. This overcomes the problem of users who try to get two copies of the program running  at the same time.  Instead of the message 'Another instance of Kirby Alarm Pro is already running' the main screen of the original instance is displayed. A lot less confusing..
  • Preferences - Hot Keys - New hot key to show main screen
  • Change the tray icon to snoozing while processing missed alarms.
  • Improve calculations of missed alarms when the program is opened by using logout command. This has improved the opening speed dramatically.
  • Remember last tab on all browse screens.
  • Set font to bold on selected tab in all browse screens
  • Update programming language from Clarion v6 to Clarion v8. (Internal)
  • Added NetTalk template (Internal)
  • Added RunOnce template (Internal)

* v4.49
  • New table - CONFIG. Used to store email configuration settings

* v4.48 March 2010
  • Use new clarion method (OddJob) to execute programs rather than dos command. This fixes  a problem when running on windows 7

* v4.47 6 March 2010
  • Ensure the next alarm time is a multiple of the FromTime eg. If the recurrence time is every 30 minutes and the from time is say 9:00am then the next alarm time must be 9:00am or 9:30am or 10:00am etc
  • Fix bug in checking the time range for minutes and hours recurrence types. At the end of the valid time range it was not resetting to the from time.
  • Fix bug in creating XML for for backup, ftp etc. If the destination folder etc contained an ampersand the alarm did not execute.
  • Removed gmail option on preferences screen. Google have changed there side so sending emails via gmail is no longer possible.
  • Changed service preferences screen to warn that Kirby Alarm will only run as a service on windows xp.
  • New option in Help Menu to check for updates.

* v4.46 February 2010
  • Update clarion programming language template vuFileTools to v3.5 (internal) This has fixed a problem with the shutdown, restart, and logoff not working on windows 7
  • Update clarion programming language template SelfService to v3.31 (internal)
  • Update clarion programming language template WinEvent to v3.65 (internal)

Ian  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:06:02 AM by Ian Cook » Logged
Grateful

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 05:20:55 AM »

I have tried to update to 5.01 from 4.45, but if I close Kirby Alarm first, then the update cannot open KAREGIST giving an error #2.  Then I tried without closing KA first, but nothing happened, and a recheck of KA's "about" tab is still 4.45. I tried again with KA shut off, and received the same #2 error, but this time it said that KAREGIST could not be found.  I have tried this a few times each way with the same 3 results.  The only KAREGIST I see is one spelled KARegist.TPS.  Is this the file that is not working?  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  I would appreciate any advice you have.

Yours,
Grateful   Smiley
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 03:42:08 PM »

Are you absolutely sure you unzipped the file into the SAME folder where kirby alarm is installed to?
A common problem is people accidentally create a sub folder when extracting the zip file.

Ian  Smiley
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 03:09:36 PM »

Changes in v5.02 since v5.01

- Upgrade to Clarion v9.10376 (Internal)
- Added SCA global template (Internal)
- Remove GCal Calendar selection. Not compatible with recent version of clarion.
- Fixed vertical scroll bar on main screen when screen is resized!!
- Fixed alarm search function
- Fixed display of background image on alarm maintenance form
- Alarm Background Image - New option to resize the image

To install..

(1) Exit KA
(2) Backup your KA folder (see additional notes below)
(3) Download http://kirbyfooty.com/KirbyAlarmUpdateVersion502.zip
(4) Unzip it into the same folder where KA is (it should come up and ask to overwrite files eg kirbyalarmpro.exe. If not, then you have not unzipped it into the existing KA folder)
(5) Restart KA

Additional Notes
- If you cannot see the icon then use Task Manager to kill kirbyalarmpro.exe

- All the data Kirby Alarm uses are stored in the same folder as the program. This is normally c:\program files\kirby alarm pro.
Note, on windows  7 etc a separate program folder is created for each user so it might be something like C:\Users\<my user profile>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\kirby alarm pro.
(That is why I like to have KA installed into c:\Kirby Alarm Pro.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:13:53 PM by Ian Cook » Logged
RockFox

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 05:05:53 PM »

I have tried to update to 5.01 from 4.45, but if I close Kirby Alarm first, then the update cannot open KAREGIST giving an error #2.  Then I tried without closing KA first, but nothing happened, and a recheck of KA's "about" tab is still 4.45. I tried again with KA shut off, and received the same #2 error, but this time it said that KAREGIST could not be found.  I have tried this a few times each way with the same 3 results.  The only KAREGIST I see is one spelled KARegist.TPS.  Is this the file that is not working?  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  I would appreciate any advice you have.

Yours,
Grateful   Smiley

I have a shortcut to Kirby Alarm in my Windows 8.1 Start Menu.  I don't know what I did to cause this error to start on boot.  My solution was to create a new shortcut and replace the shortcut that was already in the Start Menu.  Smiley

/RockFox at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA
wbrunc

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 04:02:04 PM »

I unzipped the 5.02 file in the same directory as Kirby Alarm. But the "About Kirby Alarm" now says 5.01 instead of 5.02 .
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 12:27:47 AM »

Oops, mine does too.
Must have forgotten to update the version number.

Thanks for letting me know.  Smiley
RockFox

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 12:59:52 AM »

Well, this problem has reappeared.  On boot KA cannot find KAREGIST.  I have been running Windows 10 Pro since it was released and KA was happy.

I installed Glary Utilities and in its Startup Manager I set KA to a delayed startup of 30 seconds.  I don't remember why but I decided to change it back to the default -- start on boot.  That is when I started getting the KAREGIST file not found.

Again my solution to fix this problem was to create a new shortcut for KA and install it in
C:\Users\RockFox\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:01:33 AM by RockFox » Logged

/RockFox at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 01:17:12 AM »

Hi Rockfox,

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure your answer will help others.
Glad you got it working.

I noticed you said you are using windows 10.
Another user has asked if KA works ok with windows 10.
I do not have it, so could not be sure.

If you have a moment, would you mind sharing your experience with KA and windows 10 please.
The topic is here http://www.kirbyfooty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1031.0

Ian  Smiley
DocLotus

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 03:59:03 AM »

HI IAN,,,

LONG time no see  Cry

Hope all is well with you.

Had to do a clean install of Win 10 Pro (Anniversary Edition) & ran into the KAREGIST file not found problem. Can't get past the error screen.

Tried all the suggestions but nothing works.

Any ideas  Shocked

Thanks;
Doc
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 11:12:32 PM »

It should be just a matter of copying all of the old files from your backup.
Either that, or reenter the registration details.
If not, please send me an email and I will get them for you.

Have a safe and blessed Christmas!

Ian
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: