Kirby Software Forum
November 22, 2017, 03:08:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am not receiving the tippers emails with their tips in them  (Read 2235 times)
Ian Cook
Administrator

« on: March 15, 2012, 11:12:36 AM »

Some people of having probelms receiving emails with the tips. To the tipper it looks like the email has been sent to the tipping administrator, but the administrator is not receiving them.

The problem is out of my hands though.
For some reason my web hosting company has been blacklisted by some spam protection people.
They tell me they are working on it, but cannot tell me when it is going to be fixed.

This is so very frustrating for me. All I can do is apologise for the inconvenience and hope they get it fixed soon.

In the meantime the only work around I can see is to change the method the tipper send the tips back.
Since anything being sent from my web host is being blacklisted, the tips have to be sent from the tipper (NOT FROM THE SCRIPT ON THE WEB SITE)

To do this just tick the "Tippers To Reply Using Their Email Program" in the email setup. (see 1.jpg below)

NOTE: If by any chance you have changed the MEMBER screen to use the Email Script then you will have to change the member to use either
- the default method in the email set up, OR
- the Tippers own email program  (see 2.jpg below)

YOU WILL THEN HAVE TO SEND THE TIPPER ANOTHER TIPPING SHEET

Once again I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience but I have been let down by the web host.
If the issue is not resolved soon then I will have no choice but to change to a new web host (This will cost me lots of time and money though so I do not want to over react too soon)

Ian

* 1.jpg (19.33 KB, 506x205 - viewed 310 times.)

* 2.jpg (29.18 KB, 441x443 - viewed 371 times.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:14:09 AM by Ian Cook » Logged
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 02:51:50 AM »

Update: I just phoned the web hosting company again (crazydomains.com.au) and spoke to someone called 'Mark'

He said they were aware of the problem and were working on it.
He said other people were having the same problem as me. ie any email sent from there ip address (203.170.85.144) is bouncing.

He said it should be fixed in 2 days.
I then asked him for a support ticket and was cut off. Coincidence?? I don't know...

So far I know emails from kirbyfooty.com are not being received by people with BigPond or iinet addresses.
(The two biggest internet service providers in Australia)
If it is not fixed I will be moving to a new web host. (At this stage I am thinking of moving the web hosting to iinet)

Rest assured I am working on the problem as best I can.

Ian  Cry
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 10:02:17 AM »

Crazy Domains have not fixed the problem so I am in the process of changing web hosting companies.

The email with the tips should now start coming through.

As a work around until the domain name servers have fully switched over, I have set up a temporary script that will pass the tips etc to the new web host.
You do not have to do anything different in Kirby Footy.
The only change is the tipper will be asked to click on a "Submit" button.

I have spent hours on this and it is still going to take a few days to transfer everything.
Why do these these things have to happen one week before the AFL is due to start?Huh

At least it it fixed, and I am happy about that.

Ian  Smiley
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 09:28:53 AM »

Ok, after many hours the transfer to the new web host is complete.

It should now be safe to change the email settings back to use the script.
Just UNtick the box in the email settings so that the script is used. (see 1.jpg)

If you have overridden any of the tippers reply method you will also change it back to the default. (see 2.jpg)

Then send another tipping sheet to your tippers.
(I suggest you give it a try yourself first to be sure)

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience but the problem was caused by my previous web hosting company.
I hope it will all be ok from now.

Ian  Smiley

* 1.jpg (37.72 KB, 290x401 - viewed 349 times.)

* 2.jpg (34.34 KB, 445x459 - viewed 345 times.)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:41:53 PM by Ian Cook » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: