Kirby Software Forum
November 22, 2017, 03:03:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bulk Email, BigPond, and Mailjet  (Read 5006 times)
Ian Cook
Administrator

« on: March 26, 2011, 12:13:35 PM »

Until this year I have been with iinet. During that time I never had any problems with the internal bulk email function in Kirby Footy.

This year, I have switched over to Big Pond. Probably not the smartest move, but the deal they offered was very tempting.
Now however, the internal bulk email function in Kirby Footy is very much at the mercy of Big Pond.
I gotta say, I have not been impressed with Big Pond.
Their policy of restricting the number of emails that can be sent in a 10 minute period has caused me to go searching for another solution.

Today I changed the program (version 11.4) to improve the bulk email by changing it to see if each email is successful as it is sent.
If any error it will automatically pause for 3 seconds and retry 5 times.
If unsuccessful after 5 times then the user will be given option to retry or abort.

This improved the  situation and even uncovered an bug in the option to pause of bulk email after X messages.
But I still had errors after sending about 30 emails so I continued my search for a better solution.

I google searched for SMTP Email Server. There are lots of companies that offer an smtp service.

I found http://www.mailjet.com/
They will allow you to send up to 6000 emails a month for free.
Within a few minutes I signed up and was sending emails from Kirby Footy with no errors at all.
I only had to enter my name and email address. They did NOT want my credit card or anything.

Disclaimer: I have searched for bad reviews etc on MailJet and could not find anything, but you must make up your own mind.

I have posted below the email settings in Kirby Footy for Mail Jet.

So, if you are having problems with your internet service provider, maybe this is a solution for you.
I hope this helps someone.

If anyone else has another solution please post your results so it can benefit others.

* mailjet.jpg (106.5 KB, 831x598 - viewed 630 times.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:29:21 PM by Ian Cook » Logged
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:27:51 PM »

Just a couple more screen shots to clear up some confusion people may have when using mailjet.

The username and password to be used in Kirby Footy for mailjet smtp can be found on the mailjet "Configure My SMTP" page on the mailjet website.

* 2.jpg (49.89 KB, 655x670 - viewed 288 times.)

* 3.jpg (21.05 KB, 570x416 - viewed 280 times.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:30:17 PM by Ian Cook » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: