Kirby Software Forum
January 21, 2018, 03:03:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.1 problem Frozen note on screen  (Read 2437 times)
burris

« on: May 13, 2010, 07:19:55 PM »

Have an unusual problem.

I just downloaded your 2.1 program for the first time and programmed up my alarm notes.

All was well for a few days until this morning, when an alarmed note popped up as requested. However, the note is frozen on the screen. Will not close...systray icon doesn't respond...nothing. I close it out via task manager (XP pro SP3) but when either rebooting or re-executing..same thing.

I have uninstalled the program and re-installed it in a C root folder...same problem. I tried the tps suggestion, as I had saved this before the problem, but no help.

Thanks in advance for your help. Quite a nice program..
burris

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 08:05:23 PM »

I'll reply to myself.

I just discovered that this problem exists in the free version,

Thanks anyway...
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 12:43:46 AM »

That is an unusual problem!

I know the old free version had the limitation that if one note had popped up, then it would wait for the user to dismiss it before popping up another note.
However I was not aware it would freeze the note and Kirby Alarm entirley.

I am curious. Does this happen with all of the pop up notes, or just one in particular?

Ian  Smiley

burris

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 03:32:16 PM »

Actually, after I posted, I scrolled the forum and found this reply from you to the OP..

=======

Hi,
One if the drawbacks of the free version ok kirby alarm is only one pop up can exist at a time.

If you have accidently set the recurrence to every minute rather than very hour, then that would mean the program is going to pop up a note for every minute the alarm has been missed one at a time.

The easiest away to resolve it is to use task manager to kill kirbyalarm.exe and then delete the alarms.tps data file. This of course means that you will lose all of your alarms and they will need to be reentered.
If you have a lot of alarms, then can you please send me the alarms.tps file and I will remove the offending alarm. (don't forget to provide details of which one it is please)

======

I think that on the note in question, I did set the timer for x minutes from the note that was popped up on the screen. Then, when trying to close or dismiss the note, it closed and immediately popped up again. Not only couldn't get rid of the note, but ticking on the systray icon had no effect.

I tried replacing the alarms.tps from a previous backup, to no avail. I tried uninstalling and re-installing...no help..

Thanks....
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 04:03:31 PM »

If you do not have very many alarms then I would..
(1) use task managaer to kill kirbyalarm.exe
(2) delee alarms.tps located in the the kirby alarm folder
(3) restart kirby alarm

On another note, If you find the old free version of Kirby Alarm useful, then I would seriously consider upgrading to Kirby Alarm Pro Lite.
It only costs $14.95 and has over 70 improvements.

Ian  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: