Kirby Software Forum
January 23, 2018, 03:44:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alarms not triggering  (Read 2224 times)
rmcilvride

« on: April 22, 2010, 11:43:12 PM »

Hi Ian,

For the past few days my alarms have not been working.  I can set them, test them, modify them, and so on, but they don't trigger.  The pop-up window does not pop up at the set time.  After the time has passed, they remain in the list.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck.  I tried downloading the latest beta version (4.4.6) but must not have installed it properly, because it couldn't find my registration file.  Just now when I was resizing the columns, one of my old messages popped up, one that had been set to go off days ago, and possibly the first one that had failed. 

I remember recently accidentally hitting a control key sequence or bumping the keyboard when the Kirby Alarm window was in focus one time.  Could I have accidentally shut something off?

Puzzled,

Bob

* KirbyAlarmBug2.jpg (154.06 KB, 566x552 - viewed 231 times.)
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 12:49:59 AM »

Hi

Very strange.
Perhaps the data file(s) has become corrupted and just needs reindexing.

Can you please send me the data files located in the kirby alarm pro folder so I can check them.
The data files have TPS as the extension (eg alarms.tps, alarmlog.tps)

The other alternative is to simply delete the alarm.tps and alarmlog.tps files and to reenter your alarms.
If you decide to do the second option then please make sure KA is not running so that the files are not in use.

Kind regards
Ian Cook
www.kirbyfooty.com
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 09:34:24 AM »

Hi Bob

I have just emailed you the reindexed file.
It is working ok now.

Kind regards
Ian Cook
www.kirbyfooty.com
rmcilvride

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 09:18:46 PM »

Hi Ian,

It works fine now, thank you.  I really appreciate the quick and complete reply.  Kirby Alarm has been very helpful over the years that I have used it, and I am pleased that I can continue relying on it.

Kind regards,

Bob
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: