Kirby Software Forum
January 18, 2018, 09:33:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No "ReStart" under W7  (Read 2346 times)
AGB

« on: February 14, 2010, 03:53:15 PM »

Hi Ian,

Just installed a new KA Pro 4.45 under Windows7, directly in the root directory as usual.  Seems to be working fine (and is as utterly invaluable as ever) except that the "Restart" the system alarm seems not to work.  I use Kirby on several machines (under XP and Vista) to do a nice system restart in the early hours of the morning, but it won't work under W7.

Any ideas?

AGB
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 12:26:35 AM »

I have recently updated to windows 7 64 bit and noticed the logout, reboot, shutdown was no longer working in win7.
This has been fixed.

You can download the update from http://www.kirbyfooty.com/kapro_v4.46update.zip
Just unzip it to your KA folder.
(Don't forget to exit KA first or windows will complain the file is in use)

If any problems please just let me know.

Kind regards
Ian Cook
www.kirbyfooty.com
AGB

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 04:47:18 AM »

Thanks Ian.  That seems to work.  BTW, I'm rather liking Win7 - seems clean and fast to me.

AGB
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 06:35:17 AM »

Thanks for letting me know.

Just so you know the option to run Kirby Alarm as a service doesn't work too well in windows 7.
When running as a service, there is no desktop interface. That means you cannot see any pop notes etc.
In other words, KA can only really be run as a service unders Windows XP at the moment.

I like windows 7 too, but in some ways kind of miss my old windows XP. It was running pretty darn good even if I do say so myself.
I have faced a bit of hardship with various programs & hardware under windows 7 64 bit.
For instance, I had to replace my printer and web camera, and some of the programs I used all the time would no longer work.
In the long run, I'm sure windows 7 is the way to go though...  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: