Kirby Software Forum
January 21, 2018, 03:03:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alarms are not producing any pop-up windows  (Read 5809 times)
ballmj99
« on: March 23, 2005, 10:09:47 PM »

I am running V3.00 of Kirby Alarm (obtained direct from Ian Cook on December 13th - beta). At some point in the last few weeks it stopped producing pop up windows. All the alarms are still there when I display them, but for example a re-curring alarm which should fire every two weeks does not produce any pop-ups. The log shows the alarm 'firing' but nothing happens. Any idea what the problem might be? I'm running XP SP2, fully up to date. Other stuff I'm running: Firefox, Zonealarm Pro, Skype, Microsoft Antispyware Beta, MSN Messenger..
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 01:31:28 AM »

Interesting...I have not heard of this problem before.
Are you sure the alarm is set as a pop up note (and not to play a sound, or run a lprogram)?
If it is a pop up note, is it a rich character text note, or a normal note?
Ian Cheesy
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 06:36:36 PM »

Hi Ian, well it's definitely set to produce a pop up note, and I don't have the rich text button checked so it would be normal text. It *was* working after I put V3.00 in but it stopped at some point.
I've just defined another new alarm thats due to go off in an hour, we'll see if this new one fires.
ballmj99
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 10:11:58 AM »

Nope, that alarm I set to go off shortly after my last post triggered according to the Kirby Alarm Log, but no pop up window ever appeared.
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 12:31:03 AM »

Could you please send me a screen dump of the log entry.
Thanks Cheesy
ballmj
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 10:28:54 PM »

Ian, I have emailed you the data as requested....

Mike
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 07:02:26 AM »

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the screen dumps.
They look ok to me so I am now really baffled.

What happens if you right click and 'Test' an alarm.
Does the message pop up?

Something else I just thought of is perhaps the window positions have gotten 'mucked up'
Try exiting kirby alarm, then delete the 'kirbywin.ini' file located in the program directory.

Ian
ballmj99
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 12:16:18 PM »

I hadn't realised about the 'test' option Ian - just tried that on a couple of alarms, and i got the sound file play OK that was associated with each alarm - but no popup.
I looked at the kirbywin.ini file, and you've got it. The x and y positions for the "Display Alarm" section were crazy - both x and y positions over 16000. I deleted at and restarted and now the alarms all test fine, with popup windows.
So, I'll remember this for the future, but still begs the question of how the window positions got that way...

Many thanks for the tip Ian!
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 12:33:26 AM »

Fantastic!!
Now, why the window posi's got mucked up I don't know, but will spend some time investigating it.

Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: