Kirby Software Forum
November 22, 2017, 05:26:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Allow jscript and vbscript files as 'progam' alarms  (Read 2646 times)
Charlie387

« on: January 04, 2010, 08:05:19 PM »

I needed to run a sequence of steps that are not part of the .bat commands, so I wrote the a little jscript file to do the job. This worked fine. But KA would not accept the .js file type as a program. Sad

After a lot of surfing, I found a way to have jscript commands within a .bat file, in a method the author called a hybrid batch file. Click here to see the method. http://jimlawless.wordpress.com/2009/08/07/embedding-javascript-in-a-batch-file/ for a sample and more.

Better yet, I suggest Kirby Alarm Pro directly allow various scripts as programs in alarms.

For administrative tasks as in my case, this capability would be very welcome. And I think this would greatly enhance the scope of how alarms can be used. A great program made even better! Smiley

...Charlie

Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 06:43:27 AM »

Hi Charlie

Thanks for the suggestion.
I did a little research myself and found this on the microsoft site http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xazzc41b(VS.85).aspx

They suggest the following..
To run a script at a command prompt
At a command prompt, type WScript or CScript followed by the script file name, as shown in the following examples.

Copy Code WScript sample.js
CScript c:\scripts\sample.js

If this is true, then it appears as if you can readily run scripts from within KA.
You just need to enter "WScript" or "CScript" as the program

I have not tried this myself but it looks promising.

Ian Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: