Kirby Software Forum
January 23, 2018, 03:31:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Backup.TPS  (Read 2765 times)
Kjw

« on: December 17, 2009, 11:43:07 PM »

What is this file? Is it a backup of my alarms/reminders? If so, how do I restore it? I have been getting an error stating "Possible data corruption in file (1735) attempting to access record from the alarms file returning to previous window". I have uninstalled and reinstalled Kirby but before doing so copied the data to a different directory. Is there a way to retrieve my data? I have a full backup of my system from October I can use if I have to but I would lose some alarms. Plus, how do I make a backup of these alarms from within Kirby? I have searched in this forum but didn't find the exact details of how to do either. Any help is appreciated.
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 01:50:26 AM »

What is this file? Is it a backup of my alarms/reminders?
One of the features of KA Pro is it has a backup action type.
This means you can get KA to copy files/folders from one location to another.
I use it all the time to backup my data/programs/documents etc etc to an external hard drive.

The backup 'set' instructions (ie the files/folders to be backed up) are stored in the BACKUP.TPS file.
The file does not store the actual backup.
I hope that makes sense.

I have been getting an error stating "Possible data corruption in file (1735) attempting to access record from the alarms file returning to previous window"
If you send me the data files (ie the ones with TPS as the extension) I will have a look at it to see if it can be fixed.
Hopefully it is just a corrupted index so you not lose any alarms.

Is there a way to retrieve my data? I have a full backup of my system from October I can use if I have to but I would lose some alarms
There is no built in restore function from within the program, but it is very easy to do manually.
(1) Exit KA
(2) Copy the data files (the one's with TPS as the extension eg alarms.tps, alarmlog.tps) to the KA folder
(3) Restart KA

Plus, how do I make a backup of these alarms from within Kirby?
There are several ways you can do this
(1) Set up an alarm with action type "backup" to automatically copy the folder to an external hard drive (or similar)
0R
(2) Set up an alarm with the action type "email" to automatically email the data files as an attachment.
I would suggest a gmail account or something so you can have automatic off site backup.
Hint: You can use a wildcard to attach multiple files.
eg c:\program files\kirby alarm pro\*.tps
OR
(3) Set up an alarm with the action type "FTP" to automatically upload the data files to your web host (if you have one)

I hope that helps. If not please just let me know.

Kind regards
Ian Cook
www.kirbyfooty.com

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 01:55:20 AM by Ian Cook » Logged
Kjw

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 02:57:13 AM »

Do you want all the files with the extension .tps or just certain ones? I counted and there are about 15. That's why I am asking.
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 07:23:35 AM »

All of them please.
It is a bit hard to tell which file is corrupted.

Ian  Smiley
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 01:06:04 AM »

Hi

I got the files. Thank you.

As suspected it was just a corrupted index on the alarms file.
I have sent you the fixed files in a separate email.
Can you please ..
(1) exit KA
(2) save the attached files in to the KA folder
(3) restart KA

Have a safe and Blessed Christmas!

Ian  Smiley
Kjw

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 01:52:48 AM »

Thank you sooo much!!! It works again! I really do appreciate this. You are so kind! I will be sure to keep backups using Kirby Alarm now. Thank you again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: