Kirby Software Forum
January 21, 2018, 06:15:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kirby Alarm not opening on statup with W7  (Read 1973 times)
jenpen

« on: December 15, 2009, 06:29:47 AM »

Since upgrading to Windows 7 I can't get KA to load on start-up. Had no problems with W XP and I can even open it manually with no problems, but it just refuses to load on start-up. Any ideas, anyone?
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 01:31:09 AM »

I just got my shining new computer running windows 7 64 bit. Yay!! <grin>

Anyways, I downloaded KA from the web site just like any normal user, and ran the installation.
The installation program asked if I wanted to create a shortcut in the start up section, which I answered yes.
During the setup the only thing I changed from the default was the program location.
Instead of "c:\program files (x86)\kirby alarm pro" I set it to "c:\kirby alarm pro"

I rebooted the computer and KA starts up just fine.

I have attached a screen shot of the short cut that was automatically created by the set up program.

The only thing I can suggest would be for you to recheck the short cut on your computer, or to re run the set up program.

Kind regards
Ian Cook
www.kirbyfooty.com

* KA on win 7 64bit.jpg (72.96 KB, 768x653 - viewed 198 times.)
jenpen

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 05:46:07 AM »

Thanks Ian. I uninstalled KA and started from scratch like you, and this time it appears to be working! I have restarted and even done a test alarm. So, thanks again and enjoy your shiny new computer. As someone who skipped straight from XP to W7, it took me a few days to get used to the new OS but I really like it now.
Cheers, Jen
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: