Kirby Software Forum
April 26, 2018, 09:24:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Email problem  (Read 2551 times)
AGB

« on: July 07, 2009, 04:42:58 PM »

Kirby Alarm Pro under Vista ( installed as a direct sub of C: )

One great use I make of Kirby Alarm is to send daily test emails to my various accounts, just as a check that they are working!

All those email accounts (4 of them) are managed by Thunderbird, which is my default email program.  Up until today everything was sort of fine. 

In the TO EMAIL ADDRESS of the alarm I have 4 addresses, separated by a semi-colon and a space.  But for some reason, using the Kirby internal mailer, the mail now *only* goes to the first of those addresses.  Setting the mailer to my system default won't send any mail at all - for some reason it tries to open Outlook Express, which is installed, but not configured, on my system - but is definitely not the Vista-set default mail program, which I've confirmed is Thunderbird.

I've posted here before that I run Kirby on two separate Vista machines, and have to keep it synched up by transferring TPS files from one machine to another.  This has always worked fine, with no problems at all.  But I guess something has gone wrong with the most recent transfer, and I've somehow a) lost the ability to mail under the Kirby mailer to multiple addresses; and b) somehow lost T'Bird as the default mailer.

Any thoughts, Ian?

AGB
AGB

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »

Problem part-solved.

There was a problem with a new update to Thunderbird email program, which is now resolved.

However, I am left with an oddity.  The Kirby internal mailer will not send to multiple email addresses - it will only send to the first on the list.

Using the default mailer - Thunderbird - Kirby will send to multiple specified addresses without a problem.

NB, I'm actually using the exact same email alarm as my tester - just switching out the mail sender under  TOOLS - PREFERENCES - EMAIL PARAMETERS.  But the send to multiple addresses only works under T'Bird, not under the Kirby mailer.

AGB
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 12:59:11 AM »

Interesting. I just tried sending to multiple addresses (eg ian@kirbyfooty.com;ian@hotmail.com) and the internal method worked ok.
I also tried putting a space after the semicolon and it worked ok. (although I recommend no space - just a semi colon.
Also, no quotes or anything like that around each email address.

Are you able to upload a screen shot of the alarm settings please.

Also what version of KA are you using?

Ian Smiley

PS. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. My laptop was stolen the day before yesterday and I have been in all sorts of turmoil.

AGB

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 02:08:19 AM »

Hi Ian,

I'm using Pro 4.45.? Attached are screen shots.? As you can see I've already tried deleting the space after the semi-colon.? Makes no difference.? Also, the screen shot shows TB as the selected mailer (which does work, to all 4 addresses) - but I really have tried the KA internal mailer several times - and it just mails to the first address listed.

I'm sure I'm doing something totally dumb....

Sorry to hear of the stolen laptop - yuk!

* KA Message.JPG (81.4 KB - downloaded 140 times.)
* KA Settings.JPG (57.78 KB - downloaded 133 times.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: