Kirby Software Forum
November 22, 2017, 03:08:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scheduling Enhancements  (Read 4361 times)
mikeg

« on: June 22, 2008, 03:15:12 PM »

I sure would appreciate it if KA would:

1. Accept and silently ignore or simply display warning for alarm start time that has already passed rather than refusing to accept it. Maybe add internal logic to override the start time edit check for multi-day alarms. [For example: I frequently create alarms to display a pop-up hourly from 8AM to 5PM Mon through Friday. But if I create the alarm at 10AM on Monday, KA will not accept a start-time of 8AM.]

2. Include a user-settable date range (for example 7 days) that would automatically set the "To" date at "From" date + 7 days. Currently we always have to manually click the calendar tool to make BIG adjustment to the default To date (12/31/2099) or copy/paste From date into To date and make small adjustment. A minor irritant, but if To date is usually (From date + x-days), the computer could make this repetitive adjustment for us!

3. Allow user to Disable individual alarms in right-click menu. I know we can already Stop All alarms or disable individual alarms by editing alarm schedule to something in the future. But who wants to go through all that trouble and later have to edit the schedule again to set it back when?right-click Disable/Enable would be so much easier! Maybe add an internal enabled/disabled flag to all alarms and check for value of "enabled" else exit. For a visual queue, add an enabled column in the alarm list and turn the text gray for disabled alarms.

I expect the poor computer to do everything. Can you believe how lazy I am? ;-)

Thanks for continuing enhancements to KA!
? ?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 03:25:31 PM by mikeg » Logged
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 12:50:49 AM »

Hi Mike

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

1. Accept and silently ignore or simply display warning for alarm start time that has already passed rather than refusing to accept it. Maybe add internal logic to override the start time edit check for multi-day alarms. [For example: I frequently create alarms to display a pop-up hourly from 8AM to 5PM Mon through Friday. But if I create the alarm at 10AM on Monday, KA will not accept a start-time of 8AM.]
I see what you are getting at, especially with recurring alarms.

2. Include a user-settable date range (for example 7 days) that would automatically set the "To" date at "From" date + 7 days. Currently we always have to manually click the calendar tool to make BIG adjustment to the default To date (12/31/2099) or copy/paste From date into To date and make small adjustment. A minor irritant, but if To date is usually (From date + x-days), the computer could make this repetitive adjustment for us!
Are you saying you want a global setting in the preferences section?
eg "Default date range on new alarms": xx Days

Personally I don't see the problem in either clicking the calendar, or manually entering a couple of numbers
eg if the from date is 23/6/08 (dd/mm/yyyy) you just enter "30" and it automatically fills in in the rest ie 30/6/08

3. Allow user to Disable individual alarms in right-click menu. I know we can already Stop All alarms or disable individual alarms by editing alarm schedule to something in the future. But who wants to go through all that trouble and later have to edit the schedule again to set it back when right-click Disable/Enable would be so much easier! Maybe add an internal enabled/disabled flag to all alarms and check for value of "enabled" else exit. For a visual queue, add an enabled column in the alarm list and turn the text gray for disabled alarms.
Agreed. A number of people have requested this.

mikeg

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 06:16:46 AM »

Are you saying you want a global setting in the preferences section?
eg "Default date range on new alarms": xx Days

Personally I don't see the problem in either clicking the calendar, or manually entering a couple of numbers
eg if the from date is 23/6/08 (dd/mm/yyyy) you just enter "30" and it automatically fills in in the rest ie 30/6/08

Yes, default date range on new alarms: xx Days (like Outlook). Seems hardly worth the trouble--unless you frequently set a lot of recurring alarms where To date is usually xx days after From date. Wink Just a thought...
bcb

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 10:36:28 AM »

I was about to post a request for this and found it in this thread already, so I'll just second the request. I use a lot of weekly reminders and regularly end up manually adjusting the alarm date forward a few days in order to enter it, which I find to be a bother!
RockFox

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 02:26:56 PM »

3. Allow user to Disable individual alarms in right-click menu. I know we can already Stop All alarms or disable individual alarms by editing alarm schedule to something in the future. But who wants to go through all that trouble and later have to edit the schedule again to set it back when?right-click Disable/Enable would be so much easier! Maybe add an internal enabled/disabled flag to all alarms and check for value of "enabled" else exit. For a visual queue, add an enabled column in the alarm list and turn the text gray for disabled alarms.

I really like this suggestion.  I have often wanted to disable alarm(s) for awhile and then re-enable them.

/RockFox at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: