Kirby Software Forum
November 22, 2017, 05:29:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for improved scheduling  (Read 5170 times)
DrDca
Cheers

« on: April 26, 2008, 11:36:25 AM »

Hi Ian: I'd like to have better control over the timing of events. Specifically, I have an event (well, several!) which needs to
a) start once every 30 minutes at a specific time;
b) NOT start if a watch file is present;
c) NOT start between the hours of 0245 and 0330

While this can be done with the present system, it requires two entries (because of going through midnight), and it's a bit tricky to get it to start at a specific time (xx:02 and xx:32).

Any chance of improving this aspect, please?

Thanks, Cheers, Dallas

Cheers, Dallas
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 12:26:45 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion.

Correct me if I am wrong, but really the only change would be to have an option to invert the valid time range?

Ian Smiley

* 1.jpg (34.31 KB, 621x208 - viewed 424 times.)
DrDca
Cheers

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 04:44:07 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by "invert". What I want to do is have the event run every 30 minutes from 0330 of one day to 0230 of the next day (rolling through midnight). I can only see how to do that with 2 entries?

Also, I'd love a "run on computer start" option, instead of having to put it in the startup folder -- there a few programs that don't like being in startup! :-)

Thanks!!

Cheers, Dallas

Cheers, Dallas
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 12:23:18 AM »

I was probably getting too complicated with the "invert" option. What I meant was instead of having a valid times range, is to have a "Invalid time range".
In other words I was thinking you would enter the time you did not want the alarm to run (in your case - do not run the alarm for one hour between 2:30am and 3:30am)
This was a silly idea on my part.

Removing the shortcut in the startup folder and replacing it with a "Run on computer start" option via the registry is also something I have been contemplating for a while now.

I see what you mean and agree with your suggestions.

To be honest though, I don't know how quickly I will be able to make the changes as I have been very busy with other work.

Ian Smiley

DrDca
Cheers

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 03:35:18 PM »

I was probably getting too complicated with the "invert" option. What I meant was instead of having a valid times range, is to have a "Invalid time range".
In other words I was thinking you would enter the time you did not want the alarm to run (in your case - do not run the alarm for one hour between 2:30am and 3:30am)

Ahh -- that's a nice idea! So the program would run, e.g. every 30 minutes 24 hours a day minus the blocked time.  That would work!

Removing the shortcut in the startup folder and replacing it with a "Run on computer start" option via the registry is also something I have been contemplating for a while now.

Yes and no - if the program isn't running as a service, personally i'd just as soon see it in the startup folder - easier to manipulate!

To be honest though, I don't know how quickly I will be able to make the changes as I have been very busy with other work.

No worries -- it's not a critical issue! :-)

Thanks!

Cheers, Dallas

Cheers, Dallas
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: