Kirby Software Forum
January 21, 2018, 06:21:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Restart" doesn't work  (Read 14027 times)
jroc117

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 02:44:44 PM »

Ok, the beta 4.45 is installed and working with a daily restart scheduled, beginning tomorrow.? We'll see what happens, and thanks.
Jim

Unfortunately, the beta didn't change anything.? Restart still doesn't work.? I'll attempt to send a Vista snip as an attachment to show my settings.
Jim

* KA capture.JPG (94.22 KB - downloaded 374 times.)
jroc117

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 03:57:09 PM »

Sorry for any confusion.

There is no need to delete anything.

All I was trying to emphasis was that the program you are using to unzip the beta does overwrite the file(s) if it already exists.
Sometimes people make the mistake of answering "NO" to overwrite, when they should be answering "YES" to overwrite.

Ian Smiley

I installed the beta 4.45 and still have the same problem.  The restart feature doesn't work.  Also, everytime I reboot the computer I get a "always ask before opening this file" message, which is annoying.  I uncheck the box but the next time I reboot I get the same permissions message.  Thanks.
Jim
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 02:32:36 AM »

Hi Jim
I'm sorry, but I have run out of ideas for now.
If you would like a refund then please just let me know.

If anyone else is using Vista and is reading this message it would be GREAT if you could try the reboot option and post your results here please.

jroc117

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 01:54:03 PM »

Thanks, but no refund needed.  I like the program and everything but the restart works just fine.  If you think of anything else to try or further updates come along, please let me know.
Jim
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 08:39:15 AM »

I have recently updated to windows 7 64 bit and noticed the logout, reboot, shutdown was no longer working in win7.
This has been fixed. It runs perfectly on windows 7 64 bit.

If you are interested you can download the update from http://www.kirbyfooty.com/kirby_alarm_pro_update_v4.48b.zip
Just unzip it to your KA folder.
(Don't forget to exit KA first or windows will complain the file is in use)

Kind regards
Ian Cook
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: