Kirby Software Forum
April 23, 2018, 11:11:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish List: Alarm n Days BEFORE Date  (Read 1704 times)
RockFox

« on: October 29, 2007, 03:24:31 PM »

Ian -

Before I found your KA I used (and still do) IDate to remind me of appointments and birthdays etc.  The neat thing about IDate is that you set a date and the number of days before that date that you want to be reminded of something.  So my brother's birthday is November 4 but I set the alarm to remind me 6 days BEFORE his birthday and every day until his birthday.  So I have time to buy him a birthday card and send it in time.  The only annoying thing about IDate is that there is no DISMISS function like KA has.

So my wish list includes 1) setting an alarm n days before a date and 2)  being able to dismiss it when I no longer need the notification until n days before the next alarm.  So I could dismiss it on November 3rd and it would not pop up again until next October 29th.  #2 may be a bit complicated, #1 is my primary wish.

I'm attaching a screen shot of IDate.

Note:  The author of IDate discontinued all support and development after Windows 98 but it still runs fine n XP.

/RockFox

* Idate.jpg (34.69 KB, 350x260 - viewed 207 times.)

/RockFox at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: