Kirby Software Forum
April 25, 2018, 09:48:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Say message  (Read 2506 times)
Alessia

« on: October 24, 2007, 06:08:10 PM »

I just discovered this option and think it's brilliant, but it appears to use a default voice supplied by Microsoft. I tried it in French and the result was a catastrophe however, I do have some French voices on my PC that were installed with another program. Is there any way I can make KAP use one of those voices?

My wanting to do this may sound a little strange as I am speaking in English here but in reality I'm French ( nobody is perfect Wink ).
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 12:24:36 AM »

Kirby Alarm uses the default voice that has been set in the Text To Speech function in windows.

I have not tried it myself, but I am pretty sure you can download/add other voices and set them as the default.
Just do a google search for "microsoft sam other voices" and you will see other voices that are available.

Also check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306902 for details on how to change it.

Ian Smiley
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 12:26:10 AM by Ian Cook » Logged
Alessia

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:42:50 AM »

Unfortunately, the Speech option referenced by Microsoft does not appear in my control panel. This may be because I have another program called Text Aloud installed which does the same think and has multiple voice choices. Opening that allows me to configure my chosen voice for that program alone but does nothing to change the default Microsoft voice.

I don't know of any other way to alter that configuration as KAP does not have an option to select the voice to be used. It's a shame because if I could simply browse for the voice of my choice I could open the French voice from within Text Aloud's directory.
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 11:25:39 AM »

Hello again
Sorry, but cannot help you on that one.
My gut feeling is the text to speech option should be there.
Perhaps a google search or reinstall of windows extra options might be in order for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: