Please just ignore the message. It won't affect the running of the program, or setting of the advanced features in anyway.
It's a silly warning message that I should have removed.
In fact I have removed it, plus done a few other things in the next version.
Would you like to take a sneak peak at the next beta version of KA Pro?
You can upgrade download and install a beta version from http://www.kirbyfooty.com/kirbyalarmprosetup_v4.43.exe
It's pretty straight forward. You won't lose any alarms or anything
Just a couple of things to watch out for..
(1) Exit Kirby Alarm (right click on the tray icon and select exit)
(2) Install the new version into the SAME folder as the original
(3) Do NOT to select to create short cuts in the start menu (they are already there)Please note this version is still under development and has not been officially released. I still have quite a few other changes I would like to make. I am using it everyday and have no problems with it. When the 'official' version of v4.43 is released you will need to download and install it again.
The changes made so far in this version are..
- New option in preferences to set hot keys that will make Kirby Alarm even easier to use. Create alarms, to do items, contacts, display calendar, quickly and easily by pressing a key combination (eg Ctrl Alt A) that you assign to various tasks
- New option in contacts screen to copy the name and address to the clipboard
- New option in preferences to set "stay on top" behavior of pop up notes.
- New option in the Pop Up Note tab in the preferences screen on where to set the focus.
- Fix bug. Displaying warning message about posting an alarm using an advanced option even though the user has registered the pro version.
- New option in ToDo list to attach a document (or web address, file, etc) that relates to the item to be done.
- New button on To Do List browse to open the related file.
- Fix bug in creating snoozed item. It was not copying all of the fields (eg skip missed alarm)
- New option in FTP action on what to do with the source file.This means you will have the following options after the transfer..
- to Do nothing
- or Delete the source file
- or Append YYMMDDhhmm to the file extension of the source file
- or Append a user defined string (eg DONE) to the file extension of the source file
- or Move the source file to another folder.
- New action to open a web page. This could have been done previously using the "Open File" action, but it was not very obvious, and it oly allowed url's of 255 characters. This new option allows url's to be up to 1000 characters long!
- New spell checker function (requires Microsoft Word). Just press F7 to spell check the current textbox.
- Fix bug when copying an alarm. It was sometimes showing the simple screen, when it should be showing the advanced screen depending upon the alarm action.
- New option to open a web page. (you could have done this before, but this new method allows url's of up to 1000 characters)