Kirby Software Forum
January 21, 2018, 02:58:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A wish list  (Read 2030 times)
yosefi

« on: May 06, 2007, 05:19:06 PM »

Here is a wish list for next versions:

1. To allow more than one action for each alarm, each independent of the others.
? ? i.e.? to show a pop-up note for 4 consecutive days and send an e-mail the last of these days;
2. To allow a RTF note in an e-mail
3. To have an option not to delete the alarms automatically after their use or alternativally to send all the old alarms to remain in a history file for confirmation and for re-use

thanks
Yosefi
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 12:01:48 AM »

Hi Yosefi
Thank you for your suggestions.

1. To allow more than one action for each alarm, each independent of the others.
    i.e.  to show a pop-up note for 4 consecutive days and send an e-mail the last of these days;
At the moment you CAN have a pop up note AND and send an email (or any other action) on the SAME alarm.
You cannot however have a pop up note for 4 consecutive days and then on the last day have a DIFFERENT action on the SAME alarm.
I suggest in this case you use the copy function to create a second alarm to send the email on the last day.

2. To allow a RTF note in an e-mail
As you know kirby only send plain text messages. Perhaps in the future I will change it to allow html text.
In the meantime perhaps you can attach the RTF note to the email.

3. To have an option not to delete the alarms automatically after their use or alternativally to send all the old alarms to remain in a history file for confirmation and for re-use
In the preferences section there is an option for how long to keep old alarms for.
There is also an option whether to show old alarms.
If you want to reuse an old alarm for re use what I do is to set up the alarm with the next alarm dat eset to 31 December 2700. That way the alarm will never be executed but I can easily find it so it can be used as a template to create a new alarm using the copy function.

Bless ya!
Ian Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: