Kirby Software Forum
January 18, 2018, 09:28:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Margin Points Options  (Read 4778 times)
Ian Cook
Administrator

« on: April 16, 2007, 02:07:20 AM »

This suggestion was made by Dennis G.

Have a new option in the competition preferences for the margin points.
At the moment if a tipper has tipped the losing team then the margin points allocated to him for that round are the points he tipped PLUS the points the other team won by.
eg Collingwood beat Richmond by 32 points. 
If I tipped Collingwood to win by 30 points then my margin points for the round would be 2 points (32 - 30)
If I tipped Richmond to win by 30 points then my margin points for the round would be 62 points (32 + 30)

If the tipper picked the wrong team Dennis is suggesting an options to ..
    (1) Disregard which team the tipper picked and only calculate the margin on the points difference (ie 2 points)
or (2) Zero base the points (ie the tipper would allocated 32 margin points)
or (3) Work as it does at the moment as include how much the losing side lost by (ie 62 points)

What do others think?
And how can I word these options so it does not confuse people too much?

Thanks
Ian

And how can I
Brutus

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 11:24:39 PM »

My personal opinion is to keep it as it is.
I guess if some other way could be included & the choice to remain as it is, then it would be ok.
I guess really something like these suggested choices are really up to how complicated & how difficult to implement in the program it is. If too many choices of preferences are introduced to the already pretty complicated program, then a detailed helpfile will need to be included in the installation.
Only you Ian, know your return financially from the program & how much could/should be spent on further development?

**.... Brutus ....**
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: