Kirby Software Forum
January 23, 2018, 03:33:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kirby Alarm Not Responding  (Read 3346 times)
Abe468

« on: November 21, 2004, 07:14:12 PM »

Hi, I first wanted to say thanks for writing this program, because it is awesome! Cheesy It has been working very well up until I got a few window updates. At least, that's what I think triggered it. I have Kirby Alarm 2.11, and basically what's happening is that I can set my alarms, but then when it comes time to pop up a message or start winamp at the set time, it stops responding. It doesn't say anything in task manager, but I can't open up kirby anymore and have to kill the process. Sometimes instead of not responding, it will play all the alarms I set, but I can no longer open up kirby's main window to start more alarms, I have to end the process and restart it. I searched the faq and tried deleting the ALARMS.TPS and the ALARMLOG.TPS, and it got me to the point where it plays alarms but after it's played them, I can no longer access the main window. (Before it didn't play the alarms at all). I have Windows XP SP1a, and I can go to windows updates and post back what updates I got that I think I had downloaded prior to this happening if needed.
-Thanks, Abe

Abe
Abe468

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 07:20:32 PM »

Hmm, I was going to edit my post, but it looks like it doesn't let me. Anyway:
Quote from: Windows Update
Security Update for Windows XP (KB841356) Successful Friday, November 19, 2004 Windows Update website
Security Update for Windows XP (KB840987) Successful Friday, November 19, 2004 Windows Update website
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB834707) Successful Friday, November 19, 2004 Windows Update website
Security Update for Windows XP (KB873376) Successful Friday, November 19, 2004 Windows Update website
Security Update for Windows XP (KB841533) Successful Friday, November 19, 2004 Windows Update website
Security Update for Windows XP (KB833987) Successful Friday, November 19, 2004 Windows Update website
Update for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (KB883357) Successful Friday, November 19, 2004 Windows Update website
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Successful Friday, November 19, 2004 Windows Update website

Some more info: I use kirby alarm's more basic functions I think, I only use two types of alarms that occur once: Pop up message w/ Play sound, and Run Program. <-- Btw, is the message you put when you select the run program option not supposed to pop up? I set it to run a winamp playlist in the morning, and I was just wondering if it is supposed to pop up the message as well as run the program.

Abe
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 06:27:02 AM »

Hi Abe,
Hmm, very strange. I will email you a link to the beta version of the next version of kirby alarm.

Ian

(BTW alarms set to run a program are not supposed to come up with a pop up message)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: