Kirby Software Forum
January 18, 2018, 09:24:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few other ideas I use ...  (Read 6200 times)
Scottches

« on: February 24, 2007, 12:52:56 AM »

Hi,
Great to back after being in the wilderness since 05. For anybody that may be interested I divide the prize money up to share it around more evenly.
I have the usual 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes. What I also do is have 3 lots of 'best of 5 rounds' winners to keep the cellar dwellars in the hunt for prize money. I also have 3 hidden rounds throughout the season so we dont actually declare the winner until and end of season bevvie up and BBQ at my place.
Because I have rounds 6, 12 and 18 as hidden rounds..I have prize money for most tips for:
Rounds 1-5
Rounds 7-11
Rounds 13-17
The tips are calculated only between these rounds and whoever has the most tips gets their entry money back. This maintains interest and a chance to redeem some money for the cellar dwellars.
The hidden rounds maintain interest at end of year for the top ten when its close also...I find in other footy tips, people can start losing interest even after the 6th round if they are polling badly.

Tipper who comes last has to cook the BBQ at the end of year bevvie up... I also keep a sum of money aside from entry fees to go towards the BBQ..which all tippers agreed on.
Thanks a heap Ian, for doing a fabbo job as usual and look forward to being back on board..

Scotty
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 12:57:07 AM »

Thanks Scotty,
Great to see you back!

You have reminded me of something I have been meaning to do for a while..

ie. Produce a ladder report based on the range of rounds, rather than the entire season...

Ian Smiley
Scottches

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 03:52:02 AM »

That would be a treat thanks Ian.
 I was wondering if anybody else would also find it beneficial to send a bulk email but have the facility to choose a select few that you need to send the bulk email to. Correct me if I may have missed something but it seems you can either send individual emails or just a bulk email to either all -  or tippers who are yet to submit their tips. I would just find it useful when I have to send a reminder to tippers not yet paid up or a select group that I work with.
Great improvements to the site by the way and still just as easy to use.

Cheers

Scotty
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 04:48:00 AM »

I agree, selecting people to send emails to would be good too.

And, as you suggested, to have it automatically select people that are behind in there payments would also be very handy.

The other thing I have it mind (and maybe I should not be saying this), is to get kirby footy to automatically read email of tips and to enter them automatically.
It may not work for everyone (especially those that have special firewalls in place) but it would be fantastic, and take a LOT of work out of entering tips.

The way I had in mind was for kirby to read the emails direct off your pop3 email server (ie BEFORE you have downloaded them).
It would then filter out the ones that apply by looking at the subject header and contents.
It would then download the filtered emails into a special folder, and automatically enter the tips.

I could even set it up in such a way then kirby alarm (another program I wrote) could run kirby footy with a special command line switch (eg footy.exe /E), download and enter the tips, and then exit kirby footy.
All you would have to do is to enter the results, and send off the tipping sheets. Hey, perhaps they could be automatic as well??
Now that would be something!! Almost a completely automatic tipping program.
Talk about stress free Smiley

Brutus

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 04:50:17 AM »

Yes, I think that suggestion about being able to select particular "group" of people has merit.
I think I might start a new thread for 2008 suggestions?

**.... Brutus ....**
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 08:26:50 AM »

Just a quick note to let you know I have done your suggestion regarding selecting which tippers to send an email to.
There is also an option to tag those people that have paid less than an entered amount.
The change is in version 7.04 released today.

Ian Smiley
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 09:25:49 AM »

Hi
I have made the change for multiple rounds in Kirby Footy v7.06
You can download it from http://www.kirbyfooty.com/kirbyfooty2007adminsetup_v7.06.exe

Ian Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: