Kirby Software Forum
November 22, 2017, 03:02:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Allow "Pop Up Message" in addition to other action  (Read 65 times)
RockFox

« on: October 07, 2017, 02:16:46 PM »

I have an alarm set for the first of the month to "Open Web Page" and it works just fine except that the web page sometimes has not been changed yet for the current month.  In that case it would e nice to Snooze the alarm to a later time and then "Open Web Page" again.

This scenario might happen with other actions too.  So I'm suggesting that action "Pop Up Message" can be selected in addition to other actions.

So in the case I mentioned KA would open the web page and display the Pop Up Message.  If I am satisfied with the web page I wold Dismiss the Pop Up.  Otherwise I would Snooze it for some time and the web page would open again alog with the Pop Up Message.

/RockFox at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 02:27:27 AM »

Hi Rockfox

I think you can already do that.
ie perform an action AND pop up the note.

* 1.jpg (77.49 KB, 625x545 - viewed 12 times.)
RockFox

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »

I have an alarm with "Action" Run Program along with Pop Up Note.  I expected that the note would pop up and if I click Dismiss the program would run and if I click Snooze the program would not run until the next alarm time.

What actually happens is that the note pops up AND the program runs.  I click Snooze for 1 hour.  This creates an alarm with ONLY the Pop Up Note, i.e, the Action is forgotten.

When there is both an Action and a Pop Up Note the Action should not be performed until there is a response to the Pop Up Note.

I also tested this with "Action" Open Web Page and Open Document along with Pop Up Note.  I click Snooze and closed the web page and document.  When the Snooze time expired neither the web page or the document re-opened.

/RockFox at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 12:53:27 AM »

Hi Rockfox

I see the problem with the snooze function.
It is creating another alarm ok, but the action type is incorrect.
It is resetting to 'Pop up Note' .
It should be whatever the original alarm was.

I will be working on an update soon.

Ian  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: