Kirby Software Forum
November 20, 2017, 11:36:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Export / Import  (Read 19 times)
alarmingBob

« on: November 12, 2017, 04:36:21 PM »

Ian:

I have been unable to find how to export all pending alarms to a csv (or any other format for that matter) in 5.01 PRO.  I can export everything that has been executed but would like to take the pending alarms into excel, make changes to them and then import them.  I have learned the hard way it is difficult to find alarms as I have been setting them up over the years and decided to start every alarm with a category name, i.e. DOCTOR, BILL, CC DUE, BD, ANNIV etc.

This could also be turned into a suggestion for having a "category" flag for alarms although I suspect that would not be such a simple job.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
-Bob
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 03:04:44 PM »

Hi Bob

Alas, exporting and then importing from/to a csv file is something that is missing from kirby alarm.
It is actually reasonably complicated, but can be done Smiley

Creating a 'category' for each alarm is also something not in the current version.
It would be VERY easy to do.

My normal work is slowing down, so I having more free time to start giving kirby some love again.
I will add you suggestions to my to do list.

Ian

alarmingBob

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 09:23:31 PM »

Thank you Ian.  I finally broke down and got a smartphone this past year and am so glad I've never stopped using KA.  I just don't know what I would have done for the past decade without it!  Looking forward to new versions...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: