Kirby Software Forum
January 23, 2018, 03:55:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alarms.tps file corruption??  (Read 3324 times)
Anonymous
« on: November 21, 2005, 10:13:36 PM »

This has happened to me several times and I can't determine why.

I'll set my alarms as shown here. Note the staggered 5 minute interval items after 8 and noon.

Kirby will work fine for a while.

After several days of use and without any apparent reason, Kirby Alarm takes much longer to startup. Once started, the alarms look like this. Some of the staggered alarms change to 11:59 and 8:00, 8:11, or something different than what I had.

I shut down Kirby, restore the alarms.tps file from a known good backup and restart Kirby. Kirby takes a long time to start up and the alarms are still not correct. I shutdown and restart Kirby again and the startup is fast. It seems that in won't accept the "good" Alarms.tps file and changes it to something it likes better. I have to edit the alarms back to the times I want and it will work for a few days, then break again. I haven't tried deleting and recreating the alarms from scratch.
rodger

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 10:17:40 PM »

Sorry this posted as guest. I'm not sure how I did that. Anyway, user rodger submitted the post
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 07:20:59 AM »

Hi Rodger
Nice to hear from you again.
I think the problem is with using every 24 hours as the recurrence.
I suggest you change the recurrence type from hourly to weekly.
Then tick the days of the week you want the alarm to execute.
Here is a sample screen dump

I noticed you have set up a number of alarms to be executed every 5 minutes after 8am.
The is just a suggestion, but if they are all doing the same thing why not use the valid time range option?
That way you can set them all up in just one alarm.
Here is a screenshot of what I mean..

The other thing to consider is to upgrade to the latest version.
It has been in beta stage for several months now (only because I haven't had time to finish the user manual). It has been very stable so I really recommend it.
Have a look at http://www.kirbyfooty.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=101. At the bottom of the post are the notes about the beta version.

I hope this helps, but if not please let me know.

Kind regards and God bless
Ian
rodger

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 07:59:39 AM »

Thanks for the reply Ian.

I'll try changing the 24 hours option as per your suggestion and let you know how it goes.

Those alarms that are occurring every 5 minutes are launching different processes, but thanks for thinking about me. : ) You know how I like all those alarms!!

I will upgrade at some point. I'm looking forward to all those improvements you've made!!

Take care.

Rodger
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: