Kirby Software Forum
November 19, 2017, 04:05:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Moved to new web hosting company

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tipsheet Clickable Html Link on email  (Read 1200 times)
john123

« on: February 04, 2014, 10:41:19 AM »

Hi, I am wondering if it is possible that the "NAME , ID and EMAIL" fill in to be removed, because the "ID" is a possible risk if someone decide to enter someone else ID instead. I have tested it and it pickup that ID number if posted.

Another thing could the old "Attached to Email" and "Clickable Link" option can be both selected together.
Ian Cook
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 02:32:51 AM »

Hi John

I am wondering if it is possible that the "NAME , ID and EMAIL" fill in to be removed, because the "ID" is a possible risk if someone decide to enter someone else ID instead. I have tested it and it pickup that ID number if posted.
You raise a very good point.
Correct me if I am wrong but this would only be an issue if the tipper was using his own email program to send the tips in.
To be honest, I do not know how to hide the member ID etc on the email as the contents of the email is the only thing available to post the tips.

If the tips are returned using the script (ie not from the tipper email program) then they do not get the opportunity to change anything.

Another thing could the old "Attached to Email" and "Clickable Link" option can be both selected together.
Sure. Not a bad suggestion. I will do it in the next update.

Ian  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: